I live just north of Boulder and there honestly aren't any bad trails. We
here get to live in an incredibly beautiful place. This time of year, there
are a lot of people out on trails (both on foot and bike) so it's
challenging to find quiet trails, especially if you want to hike in or at
the base of the mountains.

Boulder Canyon is very popular, but has a nice paved route that you can
start from down in Boulder from Canyon Dr and it connects with the Boulder
Creek Path too. This one is usually quite busy, especially on weekends or
super sunny days. Chautauqua Trail is another one many enjoy. If you're
looking for something a little lengthier, Green Mountain is a nice hike as
well. If you're interested in traveling a little north of Boulder to Lyons,
Hall Ranch and Heil Valley are a bit removed from the chaos of Boulder, but
honestly still pretty busy most days. Keep in mind that a lot of the trails
connect with other trails, so if you go to the Boulder County website, you
can get a map of where trails exist, what you can do at each trail (hike,
bike, dogs, etc) and where they connect. You can also go to All Trails, and
people have rated a lot of the hikes/trails in the area, so it may help you
make a decision about which one is right for you. I don't know if you've
visited prior, but some people are surprised by the amount and size of
rocks in the mountains and on the trails (Umm... hello, it is the Rocky
Mountains), so depending on the trails you choose, be prepared to contend
with rocks of various amount and size. Lower land trails usually aren't
packed with rocks, but if you head up, just be aware. I share this only
because I'm a mega klutz and have twisted ankles when not paying attention
to my surroundings.

As has been stated, if you intend to rent a bike, University Bikes is a
great option... plus, the store is just fun to go in and poke around with
lots of fun stuff to see.

As for food, we don't eat at many restaurants in Boulder, but if you like
pizza, I think everyone should have Beau Jo's at least once. :)