I use my phone. I have an Iphone and with all the available apps, it is all
I could ever need. I use the Avenza map app and it has a few different maps
of the Central Oregon trail system, road ride maps and an overall Oregon
recreation map. They are interactive, showing a little blue dot where I am.
I find it indispensable. Cyclemeter, another app, is what I use for
distance, speed, elevation climbed etc.  I also have a small simple
wireless computer that I use for checking my speed and distance while
riding. The phone stays in a pocket. I only check on it when I need some
route clarification.

Clayton B.