That's one reason I bother with a "smart" phone -- it tracks mileage and
routes and even elevation, but stays demurely in a rear jersey or side
pants pocket, and it basically is one gadget in place of half a dozen --
more if you count computers for each of 4 bikes.

("Smart" phone my ass. Electronic gear is no smarter than a hammer or
window, because the essential element of "smart" -- consciousness or
subjectivity -- is just as much absent -- *essentially* absent. So much for
"AI," unless something happens as happened with "The Head" in CS Lewis's
blackly comic "That Hideous Strength.")

On Sun, Aug 27, 2017 at 3:16 PM, R. Alexis <noj...@webtv.net> wrote:

> I personally don't use anything at the moment. I haven't even replaced the
> dead battery in my Cateye wireless or got to the point of mounting on of
> the Trek Time simple cycle computers on any of my bikes. A friend of mine
> that I have been riding with lately uses her Apple iWatch along with her
> Apple iPhone to track our rides using one of the features on it. The phone
> will give a map, but the watch will give distance, time, elevation gain and
> average speed. Gives some other readings also. It is nice that the info is
> available, but not sitting on your handlebar as a distraction. I know there
> are those on the list that are not crazy about a computer sitting on the
> handlebar taking up space or being a distraction.
>
> Reginald Alexis
>

> On Thursday, August 24, 2017 at 4:44:03 PM UTC-5, lum gim fong wrote:

>> um/#!searchin/rbw-owners-bunch/what$20do$20rivendell$20rider
>> s%7Csort:relevance):
>>
>> What do you all use for gps units on your bikes?
>>
>> I am looking for minimal features:
>>
>> total distance
>> trip distance
>> climbing feet
>>

>> That is all I need. Nuttin' fancy.
>> I don't care about speed, in fact i don't even want or need to see it.
>>

>> *In fact, the only reason I want a GPS is to not have wireless sensors on
>> my bike.*
>>
>> I know that Sigma makes a minimal one. Was wondering if anyone knows of
>> other makers besides Garmin, Sigma, Cateye.

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten