I use an automotive drum brake wheel cylinder hone (three stones, not two)
purchased from the local NAPA store. I use an electric drill with a cord at
slow speed, the slowest that will turn the hone. Need to keep at least 3/4 of
the stone height in the tube at the top of the stroke. 30 seconds to one minute
does it on a quality steel frame. A Flying Pigeon takes longer.
Prevents imperfections from scratching up the seat post.