Depends on where you're coming from!

If you've got a stump-pullingly low 19 inch low gear (say a triple in the
front with a 24 tooth small chainring and a 34 tooth big cog on your
cassette) then that's a 7% difference. You could probably feel that, and
might even want it sometimes.

If you've got a roadie-corncob type setup with a 50 inch low gear (say a
52/39 double in front with a 21 tooth "big" cog in the back) then that's a
2.6% difference. I can't imagine you'd notice it there.

I generally find it more useful to think in terms of gear range (biggest
gear to smallest) rather than jumps between. A 1.3 inch gear difference
would probably involve shifting both the front and the rear derailleurs at
the same time, which few people actually do.

Best,
Reed