I've been through a bunch of platform pedals, and have some I specific
complaints, including VP001.  What I don't like about them is the pedal is
wider than your footprint on the pedal (wider than it needs to be), giving
it poor clearance and carving the side of your calf as you're walking
beside your bike.  The two below are my favorites, which I'll be sticking
with (no pun intended)

The thinnest and biggest footprint if you want to spring for the cost are
Raceface Atlas.  Aside from their thinness, what I like about them best is
their 114mm front-to-back length, which is great for riding in the
lightest-weight running shoes - i.e., they don't require stiff shanks.  I
had to rebuild mine once when it was still under warranty, and Raceface was
good about providing the needed parts - it's also a simple procedure.

Next best are Blackspire Sub4, (and Big Slim) and what I like about them is
their 94mm width, which gives better clearance than wider pedals.
 Blackspire also rebuilds their pedals for the cost of return (from Canada)
priority postage, which essentially makes them lifetime warranty.  They
list the rebuild service at $22, but my purchase of one rebuild cleared at
$16US.
They also come in silver, and look great.
If you want really narrow for maximum clearance, Blackspire El Gordo are
only 74mm wide.