Patrick has it.  Since I've switched to Wippermann stainless chains and
molten speed wax, I won't be doing anything else, with exception of using
Clean Ride bottle lube to extend me to the next clean/wax cycle.  The
$18/lb for Molten Speed Wax sounds expensive, but if your chains are clean
(ultrasonic) going into the wax bath, a half-pound is good for waxing 8 (or
more) chains - so I've estimated the pound will get me over 15,000 mi -
almost 3 years.