I've recently added a Yepp rear child seat to the back of my Clem - ordered
a super sturdy rear rack that allows the seat to attach directly into the
rails of the rack.
For those interested it's a Steco Power Safety carrier, and appears to only
be available from European distributors.
Anyway, the included hardware worked, but I need to mount the rack on the
M6 eyelets in front of the dropouts.
I'd like to eventually move the rack back to the rear dropouts, but will
need to get some custom struts made - the Nitto ones won't work, which was
my original plan.

So there's a couple questions in there...
Do you think the eyelets in front of the dropouts are safe for larger
weight - son's around 30 lbs right now?
Would the dropout eyelets be a better option once he get's bigger?
I need some custom struts made - simple steel tubing with holes for M5
bolts at both ends - any recommendations for someone to do this small
project?

Thanks,
David
River Grove, IL