First,
I made the change to dynamo lighting a couple of years ago and it has been a
complete game changer. I think you'll love it.
I now have 2 sp hubbed wheels and love them. Never tried the Schmidt, but I
can't imagine a wild advantage.
And finally, I'd put in a plug for the sinewave beacon. It's expensive, but if
you ever think you'll want to charge devices, you'll pay more for a separate
light and charger and it won't work as well. So far mine has been excellent and
handsome.
I have that on my expensive touring bike and I have the lumotec eyec t senso on
my anytime bike. The senso is tiny, kinda cheap and also really great.