Lum:

Here are two things that I’ve learned:

Be careful and don’t tighten it down too much. You can damage the races.

That being said, tighten the adjustable part just a bit beyond where the play
in the bearings is removed, then lightly tighten the locknut down, and finally
loosen the adjustable part into the locknut. In my experience, this works
better than getting the adjustment right and tightening the lockring.

As always, the late Sheldon Brown has his own advice:
https://www.sheldonbrown.com/headsets.html#threaded
<https://www.sheldonbrown.com/headsets.html#threaded>

--Eric Norris
campyonly...@me.com