Dear Andy,

Drifting OT. The coffee outside photos are lovely, as always. Now, away
from the experience and to the gear....

The Hilltrek greenspot jacket in double ventile worked well for me for both
commuting (and backpacking up in the Wind Rivers and in the various ranges
west of me). I have an ventile+analogy anorak (in a slightly different
pattern) and it was just too bulky/heavy/hot/doesn't breathe adequately for
cycling or XC skiing use. For standing around in the cold rain it is fine
enough. It also breathes substantially less than a SV Braemar anorak (which
is not adequately waterproof for extended rain, though that is my preferred
winter solution here on the Front Range). I am a heavy sweater, and live in
a semi-arid environment. so take that into account when talking about
rainwear.

I currently have one of their fuller-featured jackets after I left the
greenspot in a restaurant, and kinda regret not getting another greenspot.
It is a well-engineered garment.

A note on sizing: the greenspot required a size large (sleeve length),
while the Braemar/Foinaven/the other one whose name I cannot remember,
which is the Braemar in a full-zip, all were Mediums to fit.

Best Regards,

Will