Grant:

I'm not sure how I would feel if people wrote about me like that.  I found
the posts ridiculously over the top in proportion your niche in the bike
world and advocacy for steel bikes.  The first thread I found seemed to
have an undercurrent of affection with some of the posts, the later one,
not so much.  I didn't participate in the threads and now that I know your
feelings on the matter, I won't in the future.  You did talk to me once a
few months ago when I called with questions about a frame (which I ended up
getting).  You were super nice to me and I found you to be the opposite of
pretentious.  In fact, part of our conversation involved you trying really
hard to get me to quit calling you "sir" as I tried explaining I was
military and it pretty strongly ingrained.

RBW did give me the two best bikes I've ever had and has me out riding
every day.

Ann