I got this back in the summer when I really wasn't looking for another
bike, but a Riv owner just a couple hours away posted this one for sale.
I've always loved the orange metallic of the early Rams and when I saw this
bike was a 54 cm, I had to at least go take a ride. Needless to say I was
hooked. I took time to acquire the parts I wanted to use, updating with a
mix of modern and classic.

https://flic.kr/p/21DiS

Fitted new some new parts to better suit my stable of other bikes and
parts, namely the drive train. Now fitted with 10 speed Shimano bar end
shifters, 12-32 Ultegra cassette, XC-70 FD (works just fine on a triple),
M-952 RD, Sugino Alpina Triple, XT M-8020pedals, Berthoud Aspin saddle,
Dura Ace seatpost, Nitto stem and bars (105 I think), Cane Creek brake
levers, Tektro long reach brakes, Nitto rack with Acorn mini Rando bag, HED
Ardenne rims/DT spokes/Chris King hubs. Soma Vitesse 700x38 tires (meas.
36.5 mm wide).

I've done my share of builds over the past 10 years and learned to double
check that everything would work together, but I was pleasantly surprised
that it all worked perfectly from the very first ride. This frame rides
like a dream, gearing totally synced for my cadence from flats to steep
climbs. It had a nice ride and handling with the stock 8 speed, wheels and
32 mm tires, but it now blows me away - far more than I expected. I was
truly surprised, being a bit skeptical by nature. The supple  38 tires
really do float over rough pavement and gravel without any loss in speed.
Even up long hills the Ram is only slightly slower than my much lighter
crabon on the same wheels with 25 mm Conti tires.

Changing out current bars for Gran Bois Maes as I prefer parallel drops and
a bit of flare. Will get more photos after Maes bars are installed.

Every bike is a sum of its parts and the Ram evokes a synergy that I could
live with a long time. Unfortunately, shortly after I finished the build a
knee issue ensued that has kept me off the bike. Hopefully the knee will
soon be healed enough to ride again.

Cheers,
Bill in Roswell, GA