Hello bike friends,

I'm am planning a 700C wheel build for my Joe Appaloosa. I pretty much have
my heart set on Velocity rims but the question is which one. The bike will
primarily be ridden on the road with the occasional off road adventure on
mild singletrack or fire road.  I am a 175 lb rider and I at times will
want to carry a heavy load. Most of my riding is general riding, commuting,
grocery getting and the occasional bike camping trip.  What I want out of a
wheel is something sturdy and dependable. Something I am not afraid to be a
little rough on. I have narrowed my choices down to the Atlas, the Dyad or
the Cliffhanger. The Cliffhanger is intriguing me but I can't tell for sure
if it is good for rim brakes or better suited to be a disc wheel. Any
feedback on the rims I mentioned for the purposes described would be
greatly appreciated.

Tim