This is a small point, but the type of thing that I ponder in my free time.
I am trying out some dirt-drop style handlebars that flare out at the ends
of the drops. Do folks with these bars angle their bar-end shifters so that
they are consistent with the flare of the bars, or do they angle the
shifters so that they are on a plane perpendicular to the ground? I think
they'll shift fine either way.

But I'm wondering if there are any practical considerations for one way
versus the other, in addition to people's opinions on the aesthetics.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.