Hi Patrick,
I have the Zoic, Compass, and Riv MUSA knickers. Note: I wear them with
regular underwear, wool or cotton, no cycling shorts/pads. I'm not a high
mileage rider; commuting ~15miles round trip.

1. The Zoic is slightly heavier weight than Compass, but quite light. It
feels different: more rubbery than Compass. Zoic is certainly more durable,
as my Compass knickers are already pilling by the pockets and sides
(disappointing).

I think Zoic is slightly better wind protection, but only slightly.

Riv MUSA is heaviest weight. I can and do use them to ~40F; MUSA is too hot
~55F for me. MUSA feels and is the most durable of the three.

2. My Zoic knickers have a cinch at the cuff. It's a hidden elastic shock
cord with a plastic spring-stop toggle-cord lock to set the amount of
cinch. (Same as Compass.) The bottom hem is nice and stretchy (a feature of
the material), as compared to Compass which does not have the same "give".

3. Zoic feels really nice to me when riding. There is a draw-string-like
feature to pull hold them up w/o belt.

The rear pocket stitching closest to the midline became undone. (I'm
guessing from abrasion with the saddle.) Those areas will need to-be
restitched if I want to put anything in my rear pockets. Note: I don't ride
with anything in my rear pockets.

I've worn the Zoic knickers for several years, and they are in very nice
condition, other than the rear pocket stitches near where the saddle
contacts.

The Zoics have cargo pant-like pockets on the mid thighs which add a little
bulk (pocket flap, velcro, zipper, small plastic key-chain hook). Since I
don't use those pockets, I would remove them if I were to redesign them.

Overall:
I'm happy with the Zoic and Riv MUSA. They serve different purposes for me,
which I only recognized after purchasing and wearing them. (Riv MUSA is
great at campsites, cooler weather, working in the yard.)

I really liked the Compass (fit, style, features, hand), but as I've only
worn them for a few months (with infrequent washing) and am experiencing
pilling on the fabric, I'm disappointed. (Price/performance mismatch.)

Good luck!
Shoji
Arlington MA