I guess it depends on the frame but I think the concern about chainring
clearance on a 130mm spaced frame is overstated.  I used to run a Salsa
Casseroll as a fixed gear, and it had 130mm hub spacing.  A 42t chainring
at the appropriate chainline for a track hub (~42mm) never had any
clearance issues.