I'm not quite ready to give these a go, though I'm sure I'd dig them. For
the time being, I'm a little more curious about their antecedents. Most of
my favorite things about my bikes, much of which I learned about via
Rivendell, are "old" innovations. Were pedals like the Catalyst around
before, and fall out of favor?