I read Mike's thoughts on the link. Perhaps I'm wrong, but it seems as if he
has thrown down the gauntlet for Jan. IIRC, Jan claims that you don't give up
speed with 650Bx42. He also seems to be throwing some shade (as the kids say
these days) at the Kasei fork blades. Perhaps that is because there is a
somewhat limited (hopefully still growing) market for rando bikes and it's all
about marketing to stay in business. But it seems to me that it is a direct
challenge to what Jan has been saying.