Some comments on another thread comparing 3 RBW models made me think of a
recent change I did. At the point where I want a really comfortable bike to
dink around on, I re-did my venerable old Rambouillet. The noodle handlebar
came off in favor of reversed mustache bars (which results in a much more
upright position with urban brake levers. The bar end sifters morphed to the
excellent Silver brand downtube items and the stock wheel set came off for a
rebuild and some wider rims with Panaracer 1 1/2" Pasela tires went on. An old
Brooks B-15 for a saddle. The Sugino XD crannk is replaced by an Octalink
Ultegra (super smooth spinning) I had laying around. I took the bike on a mid
week slower club ride last Thursday night and was surprised at how much I
enjoyed the ride. I also had no trouble keeping up. A headwind might be an
issue, but I can always slow down.  Crummy picture but you can see it here.
Took just a couple of hours to do it all and it's like getting a new bike. The
weight distribution is toally changed and the bike rides just fine in blue
jeans if not going on a sweat fest. I later added a large Acorn saddle bag,
some Dinotte lights and a bell.  See ya, I'm going out for a ride.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNZLRQDAlTX9IDm7cQEzubG1QohzLxEEsOA-Ciu