Hi folks,

As the year is coming to an end, my thoughts are moving forward -- planning
for some quality riding with my son (19 years old) next summer.

He and I rode the Erie Canal Trail together a few years ago.  We are
contemplating a similar ride in 2018 - somewhere in New York, Ohio, Penna
or Southern Ontario.  He will be riding my 1991/92 Trek 520.  I'll be
riding my 60cm Cheviot. Though he is much younger, I am a stronger
cyclists.  As a result, I will be carrying more of the load.  We will
likely be out for 3 - 5 days.  Camping most of the time, but likely nicer
lodging on the first and last days of the ride.  I'm trying to figure out
how to best outfit my Cheviot for this endeavor (and grocery-getting duties
on non-tour days).

I currently have a medium Sackville Saddlesack on my Cheviot.  In the near
future, I will be adding a Wald basket (medium, most likely, to sit on my
Mark's rack).  I also have an old Baggins saddle-sack, which I think will
be cool to use as a handlebar bag.  Given all of this, I think that a set
of rear bags would leave me all-set for almost anything.  I've got my eye
on the Sackville Backabike rear bag.  From what I have read, people seem to
be very happy with these bags.  Am I correct in my opinion that these bags
would work equally well as gear-carrying bags on a shortish tour, and also
work to carry bags from the grocery store?

I remember that Rivendell once carried a bag that was designed as a rear
pannier - I believe that it was called a Tour Sack.  Is the Backabike bag a
replacement?  If so, how are they different?  Will the backabike likely
meet my needs or should I be looking for something else?

Thanks,
Sean
EA, NY