From: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
[mailto:rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of ted
Sent: Monday, January 01, 2018 7:55 PM
To: RBW Owners Bunch
Subject: [RBW] Bar wrap direction

Back in the nearly forgotten days of my youth I recall wrapping bar tape from
the stem to towards the end, tucking a bit in the end and finishing with a bar
plug. But for years now (since I started using cork) I've been wrapping the
other direction and finishing with tape or twine. I figure the change is
because thick stiff cork won't tuck into the end. But it looks like folks
around here tend to also wrap cloth tape from the end towards the stem. Is that
because bar end shifters favored by many don't play nice with tucking the tape
inside?
I ask because I'm going to give some Rivet leather tape a try and it came with
smallish end plugs and instructions to wrap from the stem to the end and tuck
the tail inside.
I'd appreciate hearing folks views on the finer points of wrapping drop bars
with cloth/cork/leather.