I have motolites with portolas and the tektro levers. I haven’t had any
slipping, as far as I can tell.
One thing I did notice is that the clamp bolt is way back in there and unless
you have a super long Allen wrench, it’s hard to get any torque to really
tighten it down. I think I used a mini cheater bar to extend the the short side
of the Allen wrench a couple of inches.

If it’s not that, You could always take a clamp off of a lever you like and use
that in the tektro instead of the  clamp it came with....assuming the bolt
threading is the same.

And finally, I think cane creek is tektro rebranded. There is a dia-compe long
pull aero model out there, I believe.