Rod,

Congrats on the decision and the future new bike!  I, too, ordered a 58cm
Canti-Sam (black/cream though I know the sage/cream will be beautiful as
well) and am extremely excited for the coming build and rides.  It dawned
on me that I have loved every Rivendell I have been lucky enough to own and
ride (Romulus, Appaloosa, Cheviot... the Romulus now sadly departed).  I
had always told myself if I found a cantilever Sam in my size I would do my
best to bring it home but I always thought it would a used one.  When they
announced the latest canti versions, I knew I was going to be in trouble
but a trouble that made me smile.

It also dawned on me that I just did not care as much as I should about
most of the new tech and changes in the modern bikes I was looking at.
 Cool stuff said my head, yawn and so-what said the voice inside.  I just
love riding, exploring, and being able to successfully work on and
experiment with the bikes I ride.  I also love having Rivendell there as a
resource and something of a place of refuge... a "storm home" to pull from
an old Garrison Keillor story.  We vote with our dollars and our
decisions... Here's to the continued success of Rivendell and all of the
small bike companies doing their best to survive in this world.  Imagine a
world without companies like Rivendell?!   No....

Anyway, congratulations!  And congratulations for all of the reasons...

Bob Lovejoy
Galesburg, IL