On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 6:23 PM, Jon Grant <jgr...@papagrant.com> wrote:

> Mike wrote:
>
> Be sure to checkout Salsa's new Vaya model. Kinda like version of a SH/
> AHH, although a little more tour-worthy.
>
> -------
>
> Meh. Another straight fork. I understand that it works as well and takes
> less effort and $$ than a curved one, but it just looks so graceless to my
> eye. Grant PetersenĀ¹s designs have refined my notions about bike beauty --
> especially forks. I have a 25-year-old Trek on the wall I used to think was
> pretty; now all I see is the abrupt kink midway down the fork that passes
> for a bend.

That being said, I don't think the Sam H fork bend is anywhere close to as
nice
as an Atlantis. I think the Betty Foy/Yves Gomez forks are even worse.

In a way, I prefer the Salsa frames and forks. They are simple, clean
looking, and
relatively inexpensive.

I think that the changes that Riv has made in Taiwan have really compromised
their looks.

Jay Hartman