Big rack...good. I like it because it keeps the weight in close to the
forks and it's very solid.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/24722971@N05/38959268282/in/dateposted/

I found the 27F gets kind of flexible if you go heavy:
 https://www.flickr.com/photos/24722971@N05/8537639981
It puts the weight out from the forks and it has a tendency to sway. But I
tend to go heavy on the front end.

The small front like a 32F or Mark's rack is also a good combo with a Tubus
and allows the versatility dougP talks about.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/24722971@N05/34846762581/in/album-72157684433492685/

If you're going heavy I'd do the big solid Big Rack. Past that anything
will do. Pass and Stow looks good but if you're going to load up that
platform I'd have a low trail front end.

Craig in Tucson