The advantage being you can adjust a threadless headset with an allen key,
which is on a multi-tool. Threaded you got to bring a couple of decent
sized wrenches to adjust.

All this talk about headset weight got me to checking and it brought me to
a website called weight weenies....I shut it down after about three
minutes. Doood. At some point counting grams becomes dumb. lol.

but, I did find out that most threadless headset weights include the top
cap and star nut.

As an aside and a little off topic - I'm currently building up my 1996
specialized stumpjumper because I was tired of looking at it all sad and in
pieces in the garage so I had to buy a headset for it. I choose a Hope 1
1/8" headset because I could find one in an awesome red color and it came
today. That thing is a work of art...same with the Chris King grip nut
(lock nut?) headset I had on my Roadeo. Good components are just beautiful.