I agree with the idea to post a notice where the bike was letting the owner
know how to contact you. If they were somehow unable to get to their bike for a
few weeks (maybe in a coma?) and then went back to retrieve it, there should be
some way for them to find it.

--Eric N
Twitter/Instagram/YouTube: @CampyOnlyGuy