Matt-- I've been wondering the same thing about the G-one tires on my
Atlantis!  I want to offer two bits of information that might be helpful.

Mine's an '03, 58cm, 700c version.

First, when I bought it, the previous owner reported that he had ran 2.35s
with no problem.  No fender clearance, but they fit the frame.

Second, in the shop one night, a friend brought in his gravel bike with
2.25 knobbies on it.  I put the front wheel on the Atlantis and there was
plenty of clearance all around (but not enough for a fender).  I can only
assume it is the same in the rear.

I'd say go for it, and post lots of pictures!
-Gabe