Hey, SAMBobs:

Well, I'll weigh in here as a longtime RAMrider and now somewhat
experienced SAMrider. Also have other racy lightweight bicycles hanging
around for comparison.

My son and I just finished building his SAM with very nice wheels (White
Ind / H PLUS SON TB14) and fat -- for me -- Compass 38mm tires. To say I
was astonished at how lively the bike feels, all subjective of course, is a
whopping understatement. A totally delightful surprise. I'm probably
willing to admit that it feels just as fast and 'sporty' and pleasing in
every regard as my sweet old RAM.

The only nitpicking thing I don't care for is that kickstand plate, but
some HHs are found with those things, too.

Wow, those tires and a light, well-designed frame are just ridiculous and
may have changed my crusty old thinking regarding these set ups. So I'll
line up with those who guess that you'll likely be splitting vey fine hairs
to compare the two.

BEST REGARDS / Jock Dewey / Athens, GA