Albastache bars arrived and are on the Sam! I hope to get a shakedown ride
in today if the wind here in MD ever starts to subside.

Based on the internet research I've done (most of it redirecting to this
group), I think I've got a solid starting point on positioning.

   - Positioned the brake levers just where the bar starts to straighten
   out--this seemed to be most common and the way Riv sets them up in photos I
   found.
   - Brake lever hoods are 15.5mm (6.1") from each other on the Albastache
   (more than the original moustache bars, but they have different geometry).
   I never could fine this distance on the interwebs for the Albastache so
   here's a baseline :-)
   - I read somewhere that the brakes should angle up slightly--this feels
   a bit awkward when I did a couple short circles on the road. Shakedown ride
   will reveal more.
   - Bar is on my 90mm stem, and positioned higher than I ran the Noodles
   with the same stem (level with saddle). Seems to be okay.
   - Albastache mounted so that the interior section of the bar is parallel
   with the top of the stem. Again, just like Riv's product photo.

Couple quick n' dirty photos:
Brake hood distance: https://photos.app.goo.gl/4twRha4JKAGSvRT92
Top-down bar setup: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZhUspD5QY3AA8bN73

Austin in MD