I favor the options that require going NOTHING additional at each time it
is called into use. Oops, forgot my water bottle. Am I going to pull out a
strap or a bungee to dash back in and grab it? No, and I bet you wouldn't
either; you would let your wheel flop over. And yet, that not happening was
the entire point.

I used to use the little bungee; it didn’t work consistently and I had to
make sure those sharp ends were adjusted away from painted surfaces. What a
PITA to do at the library, again at the P.O., the store, to stop while
talking to friends.

It seems one can do a complicated solution once or a simple thing over and
over and over. I suspect the former solution will appeal to commuters and
those with more stops, and the latter will appeal to those who ride long
distances for exercise and stop maybe once or twice. Wheel stabilizers are
common on Dutch work bikes and non-existent on cyclocross bikes.

Both solutions have merit and it is up to the rider to decide what works
for him or her and reserve judgment.