As a former Appaloosa owner, I'm a little disappointed to see the
extra-long chainstays and 6° TT come to the Atlantis. Although the Joe is
billed as an "all-arounder," IME that is quite a subjective term. I found
climbing unwieldy without a sizable front load (especially on dirt), and
with the long top tube, drop bars are not as feasible for some riders using
Riv's suggested sizing (myself included). I would consider the existing
Atlantis geo to be more all-rounder, a balance of traditional stack and
reach numbers with the mid-length chainstays.