It's been a few years since I sold off my AHH and I gotta say, I haven't
really missed it. I know it sounds crazy, even blasphemous, but I just like
my LHT more. From time to time, I've wonder about the Atlantis but it's
just more than I'm willing to spend on a bike when I like my LHT so much. I
pulled back from obsessively tracking all things Riv but when I'd check I
didn't find much of a draw to the newer bikes with their extra-long chain
stays. Lately I've been more curious and enjoyed checking out some of the
Appalosa, Clem and Chev builds. As for the new Atlantis... I gotta say, I'm
intrigued. I'm very much looking forward to seeing how people build them
up. I've whittled the quiver down a bit to just 4 Surlys--Ogre, Big Dummy,
LHT and Cross Check. I'm actually going to be selling the CC soon. I've had
it for 12yrs but it's just not a style of bike I'm into. Furthermore, I
recently put a VO Cigne Stem with Cowchippers on my Ogre and am absolutely
loving it as my all-road machine. My Big Dummy (talk about long
chain-stays) has been my go to bike since finally getting a bike barn
installed in the backyard (no more carrying it up from the basement!).

Anyway, who knows what will happen or what the final price will be but I
could actually see getting one of these new Atlantis's (Atlanti?). Seems
like it would be a great bike for rambling around the back roads of the Mt
Hood NF. I love that they're tentatively keeping it the same color.

Not sure if was already mentioned but does anyone lese wish it was designed
around disc brakes?

--mike