Not sure of the total amount of weight, but figure have carried 25 to
30 pounds on my Hillborne.  My weight last summer was 240.  So, I'd
say the bike could carry 260-270 without problems.

Did not notice extra wheel flop with a front load.  But my front bag
is usually a hobo bag.  I also may be immune to most flop issues.

My setup is just the small Nitto rack on the front of the Hillborne.
With a small bag and handlebar bag, probably not more than 10 pounds.
But that was just this year.

FWIW, the bike is shod with Schwalbe Marathon Supremes 700x40 and
fenders.

Eric Platt
St. Paul, MN