David:

If the toe cap is plastic, maybe you can shove it full of something to
stretch it out a bit & hit it with a hair dryer to loosen it up.

I have Keene's regular sandals and needed about a half size larger
than my regular shoe size.  I think others have commented that the
SPDs are a bit narrower than the regular.

dougP