Regarding the BMC road Tom writes "... better for the more flexible Gumby
types"
I don't think that is accurate. My BMC is much more aggressive/gumbyish
than my wife's Roadini, but that is largely because that is what I was
going for. I've got a -17deg 13cm stem on my BMC with 7.5mm of spacers
under it. That puts my bars ~3in below the saddle and gives the reach I
like (originally I tried a 12cm stem and I prefer the 13). This is on a
frame that is a size smaller than I initially thought I would buy. If I
wanted a more relaxed position going up a size or two, using some spacers,
and selecting a -6deg stem would have done that. I'm pretty sure you can
set up a BMC road with a similar position to the one you would set up on a
Roadini.

I think the real discriminators are stem style (threadless vs quill), and
aesthetics (e.g. lugs vs tig, tt slope, paint etc). They are both great
bikes, size either to get the position you want and you won't go far wrong.