According to the article on Sheldon's site, the 50 and 52 cm
Rambouillets took 559 wheels.
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/rambouillet.html

What does the tire say on the sidewall?

Incidentally, if it does say 584, the "older" part is true, the
"difficult to get tires" part is BS.  I have 3 bikes that use that size.