Rene,

Again, thank you for the handlebar tape!

I ran trekkers for awhile on my Atlantis and took them off. Also, back in
the day  (I also ran the OLD Scott AT3 bars on my mountain bike and liked
them better than the trekkers).

My issues with them, echo what others have said. No sweep, compromised
position and crappy access to the brake levers (I even designed 'L' shaped
brake levers for them and bar ends. I sold my design to Onza back in the
early nineties. They were a brief fad for awhile. Even Paul Components made
a version.)  My default hand position on the trekkers was on the sides. The
close position was way too close and I was never happy with trying
different stem lengths. So they came off.

I have numbness in my left hand and have tried everything to get rid of it,
including three surgeries. It gets worse on the bike. The best reprieve
from pain and numbness I could muster from a zillion bar changes, was to
get my bars up. I run WTB Dirt Drops up high, where the bottom of the drops
are just slightly below the saddle, about where the top of most road bikes
bar are. This allows me to ride in the drops most of the time, and totally
sit up when my hand needs a break. My perfect handlebar for my numb hands,
would be carbon (for vibration absorption), shaped like the Noodle on top,
but with shorter ramps and drop, and the drops splayed out like most
adventure drop bars are.

I tried the adjustable Modolo trekking bars, and they were horrible, really
heavy. Nashbars were OK. Scott AT4's (no longer made) were too swoopy and
extreme. I have no experience with the Nitto bars, but I love Nitto, so go
with those! ;)  I am hoping for the best for you, and hope the new bars
work out.

Clayton
#DirtDance