Did my first 200K Brevet last weekend with NJ Randos, on the Roadini.   It
was beautiful, starting in pretty dense fog (for us east-coasters), hanging
in the quiet back roads of semi-rural and suburban Jersey.  I love fog.
When we got to the Shore the fog had lifted and it was a long straight shot
with big mansions, nice seascapes, and none of the stuff you see on TV
about the NJ shore.    It was the first time I spent 9.5 hours on drop bars
and I understood why they are great, with so many positions and a way to
avoid being a sail in the wind.   Only problem was late in the ride, but it
sucked...my cassette loosened completely and I was limited to 3 unreliable
gears at it wobbled and bounced and shifted around on the last 20 miles.
 Looks like either the hub or the cassette cap are stripped, hopefully not
the hub.
It's nice to get back to my Cheviot for commuting, and I think these two
bikes are a pretty prefect balance.