Thanks; excellent; good to know.

Reason for asking: I toss and turn at night pondering the oh, so many!
possibilities for gearing that allows relatively easy hills as well as
decent cruising gears.

My just-modified '99 Joe easily accommodates the 15 t cruising cog (46 X15
X 24.75" = 76") on one side, and a 17/19 Dingle on t'other (67 and 60). But
it's interesting (to me, at least) to reckon further possibilities; say 15
on the cruise side and 21 on the flip side.

With the new, longer-than-Campy-1010 dropouts (special-ordered from
England) that Chauncey installed, I think that the Riv track ends will not
give me materially more axle movement room.

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 4:02 PM, Deacon Patrick <lamontg...@mac.com> wrote:

> 6 teeth total difference between cog and chainring combined (if you run a
> second chainring). 50mm long, not counting the rounded ends. A fatter tire
> diminishes the range as there is less room forward.
>
> On Shadowfax, I run a 17t and 22t, and can do the 5 tooth cog difference,
> but it would be snug, though perhaps possible, to run 16/22. That’s with
> 2.1” Thunderburts on a Hunqapillar frame.
>
> With abandon,
> Patrick

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, New Mexico, Etats Unis d'Amerique