I've owned 5: 3 custom Roads, 56 (55?) single tt, canti Sam, and blue Ram,
later model with room for 32s and fenders and space in between.

I put more miles on the 2003 Curt, just about identical to the '99 Joe
gofast in frame geometry, drivetain/saddle/bar components and setup; it
just adds all the accoutrements -- fenders, racks f/r, dynolights, bell fer
gosh's sakes -- that you'd reasonably want for an "errand" bike, But, (just
rode it) I have to say that the stripper gofast is just *more fun* to ride,
measured by response in drivetrain to effort in legs. I don't know why this
is so, since the '03 has largely the same drivetrain, and wheels -- same
tires, Elk Pass -- as the '99. There is probably a 7 lb weight
differenceboth bikes unladen ('99 is 18.1 now that it adds second bottle
cage and Dingle on flip side); and the '03 is very often laden; but -- I
dunno.

I realize that all of this is very relative to your own type of riding; but
for me, if someone held a gun to my head and said: "One bike; choose now!",
I'd have to choose the '99 Joe.

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, New Mexico, Etats Unis d'Amerique