Making a special rim just to use rim brakes with plus tires seems, I dunno,
deliberately retro. It would make your replacement parts very hard to find,
for what advantage? I’ve never had to replace a disc caliper due to
failure, while I have had to replace rims.

The again, once down this path, what’s next? Thru axles?

Eric