With practice you will learn to weight the back wheel for traction. In my
experience I would rather have more traction in the front than the rear,
because when I wash out the front it in a corner it increases the chance of
a crash rather than if the back wheel slides a bit. Which is easier to
correct for me.

Regarding going tubeless with the Atlas rim, maybe try a few more layers of
tape in the well of the rim. That helped me when I was struggling with
getting a tire to seat on another rim, which was not an Atlas but the
principle is the same.