I agree that closer to the axis of rotation should be better since it
minimizes the moment of inertia. This suggests that less rotation of a front
bag is better. In that case, here in the RBW world that there are bikes with
high handlebars and tall headtubes such that it would be feasible
(especially with moustache bars and horizontal brake levers) to attach a
front bag directly to the headtube that never rotates.