I have a commitment issues and a conundrum.

I've got a Velo Orange Polyvalent that is currently built up in very
Riv-ish fashion with drop bars.  The bike is shifted with bar ends in
friction mode, and the brakes are Paul mini-motos. I've considered putting
albatross bars on it at times, but like the drops for longer rides.

It occurs to me that in my parts bin I have an extra set of bar end
friction shifters, flat bar brakes, and an albatross bar/stem combo--a
complete separate cockpit. It doesn't seem too time consuming to swap back
and forth--disconnect the brakes, both shifters, pull the whole cockpit out
and plug the new one back in, reconnect the four cables. I know it would be
even easier with DT shifters, but I'm not a fan.

Has anyone done this? How'd it work out for you?

Brett, in need of a long weekend project, in PDX