It's a different angle and the bar has much longer hand real estate,
chopping them off defeats part of the purpose. I've ridden them at RBW and
they feel different for sure. Not drastic, but different, buying the bar
doesn't mean it's an aesthetic choice.

I'd say the longer stem combined with the long bar really doesn't make a
difference in steering feel compared to the albatross bars, and if it does
you wouldn't notice after 25 yards. And as far as whether its appropriate
putting upright bars and a long stem on a bike designed for 9cm stem with
drop bars that's a question for another forum, I think 50% of us are doing
that and having a great time haha

My quickbeam has 13cm stem with albatross bars and it's my favorite bike,
and considering the billie bar because I like the angle more than the
albatross.

Chris
Berkeley, CA