Rich S recently had a post on Minimum Tire Pressure:  "For those of you who
ride 700 x 32-35 size tires (with tubes) on roads, what is the minimum tire
pressure you're comfortable using?"

reported pressures to the pressures using the 15% tire drop method, using
the stated weight as rider weight and added 30# for bike weight & used a
45%/55% weight distribution.  The difference is expressed as a % of the 15%
Tire Drop Pressure,  (Pact - P15)/P15.  see table below, a NEGATIVE %
indates the rider is using LESS pressure than the 15% tire drop method

*Wrider* *Fact* *Ract* *Fpred* *Rpred* *%F* *%R*
235 60 65 69 85 -13 -24
200 60 70 60 74 0 -5
150 35 40 46 57 -24 -30
140 40 60 44 54 -9 11
Most everyone is using LESS pressure than the 15% method, but staying above
25% less pressure. I did a survey about 2 years ago, and pinch flats
occurred when the actual pressure was > 25% below the 15% tire drop
pressure.  So it looks like 4 folks are trying to get a more comfortable
ride but avoiding pinch flats

John Hawrylak
Woodstown NJ