Tom, on neither the Bosco nor the Billie have I had problems with hitting
my knees in practice, even with the long bar end shifters. Both bars are
wide enough it's easy to keep my knees inside them during normal turning
range stuff. If I'm trying to do a standing 180 to reverse directions
because I'm too lazy to dismount I have to be careful then, but I feel
that's a pretty special consideration sorta thing. They also as I have them
setup _just_ clear the top tube if the front wheel flops while parked, so,
woo.

A week of riding in now and it still amazes me how different a bike can
feel by only changing the handlebars. I think I gave up a little climbing
comfort, and the Billie isn't quite as perfect when riding en danseuse as
the Bosco was, but I like the slightly more aggressive posture since it
lets me properly rest some of my weight the way I like to, and it keeps my
hips rotated at all times in a way where I feel a lot more connected to the
bike through turns and descents, so, that might be a good set of trade-offs.