Measured at a point straight up from the B.B. (which is roughly around the
point where I stand over the bike) I get something in the 84-5cm range
which provides about 2cm before things would start to get tight.

Then again, I’m  running Compass 38s, which lowers the standover from what
I assume was a lager expected tire size with the Riv measurements. If I
were to run 48s with a massively knobby off-road tread things might get
close, but I’m not planning to do that.

What I did find switching from the 55 is that with much less quill height
needed, the bars come back towards me about 1cm less than they did on the
smaller frame (with about 6cm of quill extension). I’ve gone with a 9cm
stem  rather than the 10 I was thinking I’d need and all is truly
delightful.

Hugh “I think I have it all sorted now” Flynn
Newburyport, MA

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 9:12 AM WETH <erlhous...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hugh,
> How does the standover height work? According to the geometry charts a 58
> Joe has a standover height of 87cm.  I run a 75.5 seat height but my PBH is
> 86-87cm.  With the sloaping toptube, is the standover height a bit lower if
> measured right in front of the saddle?
> Thanks.

Hugh Flynn
Newburyport, MA